Uninsured? Help is here. The NJ FamilyCare program allows eligible children, single adults and families to get affordable, quality health care through Horizon NJ Health. You can apply for NJ FamilyCare online. We can also help you complete your application. Call 1-800-637-2997 (TTY 711).
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility is based on your income and you must live in New Jersey. The following groups may be eligible:
- Children 18 and under
- Parents or caretaker relatives of eligible children
- Uninsured adults without children
- Pregnant women
- Aged, blind or disabled
Income Requirements and Cost
Visit the NJ FamilyCare website to view the income chart. This chart is used to determine income eligibility and cost.
What is Covered?
As a member of Horizon NJ Health, you get the benefits and services you are entitled to with the NJ FamilyCare Program. The medical care and services you get through Horizon NJ Health are free or low cost. Your benefits are determined by the NJ FamilyCare Program and are based on your income level and the number of people in your family. Benefits include:
- Doctor visits
- Preventive screenings and regular check ups
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Lab tests
- Prescription drugs
- Mental health
How do I apply?
- Call the State’s Health Benefits Coordinator at 1-800-701-0710 (TTY 1-900-701-0720) or apply online for NJFamilyCare.
- Our representatives can help you complete your application. Call 1-800-637-2997 (TTY 711).
How do I Renew?
To keep your Horizon NJ Health benefits, you need to renew your NJ FamilyCare eligibility every year. If you do not renew your NJ FamilyCare eligibility, you may lose health coverage for you and your family.
- Check your mail. NJ FamilyCare may send you a renewal application. Complete all forms and mail them back as soon as possible.
- Call NJ FamilyCare at 1-800-701-0710 (TTY 1-800-701-0720) to find out your renewal date or ask for a renewal form.
- Contact your case worker at your County Welfare Agency (CWA). If you need the information for your local CWA, call the Managed Care hotline at 1-800-701-0710 (TTY 711) or view a list of County Welfare Agencies by county.
- MLTSS members must complete their annual clinical assessment and recertify their NJ Medicaid eligibility.