Managed Long Term Services & Supports (MLTSS)
The Managed Long Term Services & Supports (MLTSS) program promotes independence, dignity and choice. Horizon NJ Health's MLTSS program helps members who need support services to remain in their homes and communities as long as possible.
The program is designed to strengthen a member's support system by helping caregivers and providing care and services personalized to every individual's needs.
For more information on MLTSS, visit the State of New Jersey's Division of Medical Assistance & Health Services website or call MLTSS Member Services at 1-844-444-4410 (TTY 711).
Who is Eligible?
- Live in New Jersey
- Be eligible for NJ FamilyCare
- Meet the functional and/or clinical requirements
- Be age 65 or older; or if you are under age 65, be blind or disabled
Income Requirements and Cost
- Your monthly income
- Total liquid assets
Visit the NJ FamilyCare Aged, Blind, Disabled Programs information page on the NJ Department of Human Services' Division of Medical Assistance & Health Services website for more information.
What is Covered?
All NJ FamilyCare A benefits plus:
- A dedicated Care Manager
- A personalized Plan of Care
MLTSS services such as assisted living, community residential services, or others, based on your individual needs.How do I apply?
- You will first need to apply for NJ FamilyCare.
- Once you are an NJ FamilyCare member, call Horizon NJ Health MLTSS Member Services at 1-844-444-4410 (TTY 711).
How do I Renew?
To keep your Horizon NJ Health benefits, you need to renew your NJ FamilyCare eligibility every year. If you do not renew your NJ FamilyCare eligibility, you may lose health coverage for you and your family.
- Check your mail. NJ FamilyCare may send you a renewal application. Complete all forms and mail them back as soon as possible.
- Call NJ FamilyCare at 1-800-701-0710 (TTY 1-800-701-0720) to find out your renewal date or ask for a renewal form.
- Contact your case worker at your County Welfare Agency (CWA). If you need the information for your local CWA, call the Managed Care hotline at 1-800-701-0710 (TTY 711) or view a list of County Welfare Agencies by county.
- MLTSS members must complete their annual clinical assessment and recertify their NJ Medicaid eligibility.