Horizon NJ Health is continually searching for community resources that can help you get the assistance you need during this time of uncertainty. These resources are available and can help with food, housing and more.
How NJ FamilyCare is helping New Jerseyans
Coronavirus resources for low-income households
Information about the CARES Act and resources available: affordablehousingonline.com/coronavirus-resources-for-low-income-households
Employment opportunities for individuals recently laid off: jobs.covid19.nj.gov
- Digital learning tools: proliteracy.org/health
- Affordable internet at home for eligible households: internetessentials.com/apply
If you are facing a housing crisis, please contact 1-800-NJHouse (1-800-654-6873 TTY 711).
- Homeowners should contact a housing counselor.
- Renters should contact renters services.
- SHA NJ (Supportive Housing Association of NJ)
- A list of food pantries throughout the state: Community Food Bank of New Jersey
- See if you qualify for SNAP or check on an application: NJOne App
- Find a Meals on Wheels service near you: Meals on Wheels
- Set up food and prescription deliveries: Umbrella (or call 1-844-402-2480 TTY 711)
Emergency child care services
Emergency child care for workers who are deemed “essential”: childcarenj.gov/emergency
Emergency assistance for DDD members
The New Jersey Council on Developmental Disabilities, in contract with the Arc of New Jersey will be reviewing requests for assistance with DDD supports: njcdd.org/emergency-funding-for-covid-19-pandemic
Partnership for Maternal & Child Health of Northern New Jersey
Information about community programs and public resources for women and children: affordablehousingonline.com/coronavirus-resources-for-low-income-households
Visit NJ211.org or call 2-1-1.